Senior Backend Engineer (Kotlin)
We are looking for a highly skilled backend engineer who excels in crafting functional code for Spring-based JVM applications. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our exceptional team of 30 engineers, primarily based in our Poznań, Poland office.
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin, Java, or Scala.
- Extensive experience with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in building and scaling architecture of large applications.
- Experience in ensuring the security of large applications.
- Ability to document a written code.
- Soft skills, openness to conversations and sharing knowledge and all ideas.
- English language proficiency to allow free communication both in writing and speech.
- Experience in working with tools such as Github CoPilot, GitLab, Slack, JIRA.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, GCP, service mesh, Ruby, and Node.js as well as passions related to 3D and photography, will be an additional advantage.
- Salary 22 500 - 37 000 PLN (paid in USD, + VAT 0% as you'll be exporting your services to the US).
- Equity in our US-based company.
- Remote work, flexible working hours, and access to our modern and comfortable office in Poznań (Jeżyce).
- B2B agreement for an indefinite period with 26 days of paid vacation per year, health-related absence policy.
- An interesting and demanding project that you have a real influence on.
- Work in a team of experienced experts and amazing people.
- The latest standards of used tools - current and supported frameworks, without working on outdated code.
- Employer-paid perks (MultiSport, LUX MED + dental care, accounting support, educational budget, English lessons, team integrations, four months parental allowance).
- MacBook Pro and any other equipment tailored to your needs.
Technologies in a nutshell:
Microservices, Kotlin, Spring, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, OpenApi, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Gitflow, Craftsmanship, DDD, Twelve-Factor Apps.
Briefly about the project:
Fourthwall gives creators the freedom to focus on creating.
We enable creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Podcasters, etc. -- anyone with a large online audience) to make money by opening beautiful, fully customized online shops where they can sell merchandise, accept donations, and offer memberships. Our mission is to make the money-making side of content creation easy and let creators focus on what matters: Creating great content and interacting with their fans.
Our culture is built around the philosophy of putting our customers, the creators, first. If you are talented, hardworking, and love helping others, we would love to talk to you about joining our team!
By choosing our offer, you will have the opportunity to join a team composed of experts in the field of application architecture, programming languages (Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, Python enthusiasts), and, most importantly, very extensive e-commerce business experience.
- Apply via form or email@example.com
- Intro phone call (20 - 45 minutes)
- Recruitment task carried out at a time selected by you (remotely), we will pay PLN 650 net for your time (regardless of the interview result)
- Meeting (in person or remote) at the Fourthwall HQ (1-2 hours)
- Your and our decision within three business days
It's also worth noting that we encourage anyone who may be interested to apply, even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications above. There is a good chance we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these qualifications. So, please — apply. You know what they say about missing shots...
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.