Senior Android Engineer (Kotlin)
We're looking to hire an expert specializing in mobile applications who will join our Android team in developing the best experience for our users. We will be the most famous project in your portfolio.
You will be responsible for Fourthwall's core Android application, which is where creators manage their site and record personal thank you videos for to fans (note: link to the Phil TY on our home page).
Our two-office approach (LA and Poznań) also means that you’ll rarely, if ever, have to be on-call after hours. You can work remotely or from our beautiful office in Poznań or mix it up - it's up to you.
What we expect:
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin language
- Experience in building and scaling architecture of mobile applications
- Experience with following technologies:
- Dagger 2 / Hilt
- RxJava 2 / 3 or Kotlin Flow
- Navigation components
- Jetpack Compose (nice to have, we use it in some parts of the app)
- UI testing
- KMM (nice to have, we plan to use it)
- Experience with MVVM, MVI, Clean Architecture
- Experience with animations & transitions
- A portfolio of mobile applications in the Play store (nice to have)
- Ability to document written code
- Soft skills, openness to conversations and sharing knowledge and all ideas
- English language proficiency to allow free communication both in writing and speech
- Experience in working with tools such as GitLab, Slack, JIRA
What we offer:
- Salary 18 500 - 27 000 PLN (+ VAT 0% as you'll be exporting your services to US)
- Equity in our US-based company
- B2B agreement for an indefinite period with 26 days of paid vacation per year
- Employer paid perks (MultiSport, LUX MED + dental care, accounting support, educational budget, English lessons, team integrations)
- Equipment tailored to your requirements
- An interesting and demanding project that you have a real influence on
- Work in a team of experienced experts and amazing people
- The latest standards of used tools - current and supported frameworks, without working on outdated code
- Nice and well-equipped office in Poznań Jeżyce
Technologies in a nutshell:
Kotlin, Dagger 2, Hilt, RxJava 2, Navigation Component, Jetpack Compose, Room, KMM, MVI, DDD, Clean Architecture
Briefly about the project:
Fourthwall is a new US/Poland startup that has raised over 17MM dollars in funding from investors such as Initialized and Lightspeed Venture Partners. We help creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Podcasters, etc.) to open beautiful, fully-customized online shops and sell merchandise directly to fans. We make the whole process insanely easy, helping with everything from product design to marketing to shipping out orders. One of our co-founders had previously built Teespring, so we have a deep familiarity with the tactics that help creators with large followings to succeed in the e-commerce space.
By choosing our offer you will have the opportunity to join a team composed of experts in the field of application architecture, programming languages (Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, Python enthusiasts) and most importantly with very extensive e-commerce business experience.
Sending CV + initial phone call (15 - 30 minutes)
Recruitment task carried out at a time selected by you (remotely), we will pay PLN 300 net for your time (regardless of the recruitment result)
Meeting at the Fourthwall headquarters (1-2 hours)
Your and our decision within 3 business days
It's also worth noting that we encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don't meet 100% of the qualifications above. This is our first time hiring for these roles and there is a good chance we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these qualifications. So, please — apply. You know what they say about missing shots...
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.