Lead Backend Engineer (Kotlin)
Fourthwall gives creators the freedom to focus on creating.
We enable creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Podcasters, etc. -- anyone with a large online audience) to make money by opening beautiful, fully customized online shops where they can sell merchandise, accept donations, and offer memberships. Our mission is to make the money-making side of content creation easy and let creators focus on what matters: Creating great content and interacting with their fans.
Our culture is built around the philosophy of putting our customers, the creators, first. If you are talented, hardworking, and love helping others, we would love to talk to you about joining our team!
Founded by Will Baumann (prev. CEO/founder of SmartReceipts + Amazon), Walker Williams (prev. co-founder/CEO of Teespring), and Eli Valentin (prev. KPMG), Fourthwall is backed by over $17MM in funding from Initialized (Alexis Ohanian) and Lightspeed (Jana Messerschmidt).
About the role
We're looking for backend engineer with substantial experience with writing functional code for Spring-based JVM apps to work alongside our incredible engineering team. By joining us at Fourthwall you will have the opportunity to be part of a company composed of experts in the field of application architecture, programming languages (Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, Python enthusiasts) and most importantly with very extensive e-commerce business experience.
What we expect:
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin, Java, or Scala
- Extensive experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in building and scaling architecture of large applications,
- Experience in ensuring the security of large applications,
- Ability to document a written code,
- Soft skills, openness to conversations and sharing knowledge and all ideas,
- English language proficiency to allow free communication both in writing and speech,
- Experience in working with tools such as GitLab, Slack, JIRA,
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, GCP, service mesh, Ruby, Node.js as well as passions related to 3D and photography will be an additional advantage
What we offer:
- Equity in our US-based company
- Remote work, flexible working hours
- An interesting and demanding project that you have a real influence on
- Work in a team of experienced experts and amazing people
- The latest standards of used tools - current and supported frameworks, without working on outdated code
- A lot of perks (MultiSport, LUX MED + dental care, educational budget, integrations)
- MacBook Pro and any other equipment tailored to your needs
Technologies in a nutshell:
Microservices, Kotlin, Spring, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, OpenApi, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Gitflow, Craftsmanship, DDD, Twelve-Factor Apps.
It's also worth noting that we encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don't meet 100% of the qualifications above. This is our first time hiring for these roles and there is a good chance we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these qualifications. So, please — apply. You know what they say about missing shots...
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.