Senior Backend Engineer (Kotlin)
We're looking for backend engineer with substantial experience with writing functional code for Spring-based JVM apps to work alongside our incredible 20-strong engineering team, most of whom are based out of our office in Poznań, Poland.
Our two-office approach (LA and Poznań) also means that you’ll rarely, if ever, have to be on-call after hours. You can work remotely or from our beautiful office in Poznań or mix it up - it's up to you.
What we expect:
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin, Java, or Scala
- Extensive experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in building and scaling architecture of large applications,
- Experience in ensuring the security of large applications,
- Ability to document a written code,
- Soft skills, openness to conversations and sharing knowledge and all ideas,
- English language proficiency to allow free communication both in writing and speech,
- Experience in working with tools such as GitLab, Slack, JIRA,
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, GCP, service mesh, Ruby, Node.js as well as passions related to 3D and photography will be an additional advantage
What we offer:
- Salary 18 500 - 24 500 PLN (+ VAT 0% as you'll be exporting your services to US)
- Equity in our US-based company
- Remote work, flexible working hours and access to our modern and comfortable office in Poznań (Jeżyce)
- B2B agreement for an indefinite period with 26 days of paid vacation per year
- An interesting and demanding project that you have a real influence on
- Work in a team of experienced experts and amazing people
- The latest standards of used tools - current and supported frameworks, without working on outdated code
- Employer paid perks (MultiSport, LUX MED + dental care, accounting support, educational budget, English lessons, team integrations)
- MacBook Pro and any other equipment tailored to your needs
Technologies in a nutshell:
Microservices, Kotlin, Spring, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, OpenApi, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Gitflow, Craftsmanship, DDD, Twelve-Factor Apps.
Briefly about the project:
Fourthwall is a new US/Poland startup that has raised over 17MM dollars in funding from investors such as Initialized and Lightspeed Venture Partners. We help creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Podcasters, etc.) to open beautiful, fully-customized online shops and sell merchandise directly to fans. We make the whole process insanely easy, helping with everything from product design to marketing to shipping out orders. One of our co-founders had previously built Teespring, so we have a deep familiarity with the tactics that help creators with large followings to succeed in the e-commerce space.
By choosing our offer you will have the opportunity to join a team composed of experts in the field of application architecture, programming languages (Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, Python enthusiasts) and most importantly with very extensive e-commerce business experience.
- Sending CV + initial phone call (15 - 30 minutes)
- Recruitment task carried out at a time selected by you (remotely), we will pay PLN 600 net for your time (regardless of the recruitment result)
- Meeting at the Fourthwall HQ (1-2 hours)
- Your and our decision within 3 business days
It's also worth noting that we encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don't meet 100% of the qualifications above. This is our first time hiring for these roles and there is a good chance we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these qualifications. So, please — apply. You know what they say about missing shots...
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.