Senior Engineer (Ruby)
Fourthwall is a new US/Poland-based startup that has raised over $17MM dollars in funding from world-class investors like Initialized and Lightspeed Venture Partners. We help creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Podcasters, etc. -- anyone with a large fanbase) open beautiful, fully customized websites where they can sell merchandise, accept donations, and offer memberships. Our mission is to make the money-making side of content creation easy and let creators focus on what matters: Creating great content and interacting with their fans.
About the role
We're looking to hire a senior Ruby on Rails engineer to join our incredible 20-person engineering team. You can work remotely or from our beautiful office in Poznań (Jeżyce) or mix it up - it's up to you.
Fourthwall is a startup built by a team with an average of more than ten years of experience in high scale systems, as well as extensive e-commerce business experience. We focus on user satisfaction by providing services to handle tremendous traffic. We are a young company that brings together experts and people who know that programming and problem solving are all about fun.
We are looking to build a core team for a new, nifty product that we plan to introduce in the upcoming months. We are going to launch a completely new membership feature to leverage our existing platform (you could think of it as a fully-branded, more personal version of Patreon). We are also focused on building a self-serve platform so we can offer our value to even more customers. If you thrive at laying the foundation and being part of building both popular and widely used products, this is definitely the role for you!
We believe in a passion that allows us to innovate. We believe that it makes us feel good and enables everyone genuinely passionate to make a perfect living.
What we expect:
- Expert knowledge with Ruby in context of web applications
- Extensive experience with relational databases
- Experience in building and scaling architecture of large applications
- Experience in ensuring the security of large applications
- Soft skills, openness to conversations and sharing knowledge and all ideas
- English language proficiency to allow free communication both in writing and speech
- Experience in working with tools such as GitLab, Slack, JIRA
- Interest in and willingness to make use of Ruby's next-generation dry-rb ecosystem
- DevOps related experience (Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio)
- Experience building applications, teams and leading them from the ground up
- You are always willing to help and mentor other developers
- Experience with Ruby on Rails Frontend stack (Hotwire and Turbo)
- Interest in 3D and photography (we build cool stuff like 3D rig for making complete models in one shot)
- Experience in handling real-time, streaming events and video and related processing
- You are an open-source contributor
What we offer:
- Salary 18 500 - 24 500 PLN (+ VAT 0% as you'll be exporting your services to US)
- Equity in our US-based company
- Remote work, flexible working hours and access to our modern and comfortable office in Poznań (Jeżyce)
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- An interesting and demanding project that you have a real influence on
- Work in a team of experienced experts and amazing people
- The latest standards of used tools - current and supported frameworks, without working on outdated code
- Employer paid perks (MultiSport, LUX MED + dental care, accounting support, educational budget, English lessons, team integrations)
- MacBook Pro and any other equipment tailored to your needs (for example as many extra monitors as you need)
- Supporting you as the Creator by supplying you with equipment, training or anything else that you need to help you thrive
Technologies in a nutshell:
Microservices, Ruby, Dry-Rb, Rails, PostgreSQL, OpenApi, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Service Mesh, Gitflow, Craftsmanship, DDD, Twelve-Factor Apps.
- Sending CV + initial phone call (15 - 30 minutes)
- Recruitment task carried out at a time selected by you (remotely), we will pay PLN 600 net for your time (regardless of the result)
- Interview with Hiring Manager (1-2 hours)
- A final decision within 3 business days
Is it a match?
It's worth noting that we encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don't meet 100% of the qualifications above. This is our first time hiring for these roles and there is a good chance we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these qualifications. So, please — apply. You know what they say about missing shots...
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.